<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Will I Be A Player?

Earlier this week I interviewed author Brandilyn Collins about her novel, Web of Lies. Shortly before that I finished reading her writing instruction book, Getting into Character. Today I finished reading an Advance Review Copy (ARC) of her forthcoming novel, Violet Dawn.

No, I'm not going do another 101 things you can do list. And this isn't going to turn into The Brandilyn Collins Show (unless she or Zondervan wants to underwrite that sort of thing; nudge, wink).

What I really want to do is be a character in her next book. Well, not so much be the character as play one on the internet. As revealed on the Forensics and Faith website earlier this month, folks were offered a fame-if-not-fortune opportunity to receive ARCs in exchange for auditioning as one of the characters who'd make in-character blog posts to the Scenes & Beans blog for the two upcoming books int the series.

So, I'm going to audition for the role of Wilbur Hucks. With a name like that how can I stay away? The fact he's a crotchety old man who'll show you his triple-bypass scar without warning only sweetens the pot. I'll keep you posted as to how that goes.

And if anyone would like to audition for a role but missed the first 50 ARCs, let me know and I'll pass mine along. Just don't give me any competition in the Wilbur department. I've got an appendectomy scar and I know how to use it -- so watch out!

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky