<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not Exempt from the Finals

It's finals week here in Texas. Curious deal (from my p.o.v.), depending on how well you did during the final semester you can be "exempted" from taking the exam. In most cases you just get whatever your grade was going into the final; in some circumstances, though, you can get an automatic 100% on the final test without having to take it.

I, however, have not been exempted from the Final Round of AFCW's Genesis Contest for the Science-Fiction/Fantasy category. This is a good thing. The first 25-pages of my novel-length manuscript will be seen by some big names in evangelical publishing. No guarantees of anything happening, but pros looking at it can only help.

Full list of finalists, here. I'm thrilled that two other members of my writing group made the cut. (Wish we all had, though...) Two of the other four SF/F finalists are people I know from online: congrats, Sally and Val! (Congrats, Rebecca and Shannon, too.)

Winners will be announced Sept. 22.

Labels: ,


Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

Well, your writing group is on fire!

Congrats, Chris, baby. I bet those are some rocking pages.

HOpe you get your contract through this. Two editors...someone needs to bite. :)

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 4:07 PM  
That is great news! And do you realize you are one of only two men on that list? Interesting.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:11 AM  
Congrats to you, too, Chris!
Blogger Valerie Comer, at 1:01 PM  
Congrats again, Chris!
Camy
Blogger Camy Tang, at 3:22 AM  
Congrats, Chris! I was very pleased to see your name up there.
Blogger Shannon McNear, at 10:22 AM  

Get snarky