<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Not Quite Stephen King

OK, talentwise nowhere near Stephen King.

However, this morning I took my computer down to Starbucks to work on a short story. A horror short story even. Afterwsrd I was walking along the sidewalk when I noticed a paper in my laptop bag was falling out of the side pocket.

I stopped to move things around and cram it back in.

Just as I finished, a driver 20 feet down the road slammed his brakes, and -- to avoid hitting the car in front of him -- jumped the curb and squealed along the parkstrip and sidewalk till he reached the corner.

About where I would have been if not for the loose piece of paper.

By Stephen King's accounts in On Writing, getting creamed by a careless driver is no hot fudge sundae of fun and puppy licks. So whatever angel plucked the paper out of my laptop bag -- or imp whose plan to vex me backfired doubly so -- thanks a bunch!

Labels:


Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

And if it happens again tomorrow, someone's either put a hit out on your or giving you really good fodder for a book.
Blogger Unknown, at 7:23 PM  
Yikes. Close call.
But maybe you would have had the fame of SK if you had the lows too. I guess we'll never know.
Blogger Heather, at 8:06 PM  

Get snarky