<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Short Story Announcement

I just got word this morning that my short story, "In R'lyeh, Jesus Walks," won top honors in the Coach's Midnight Diner "Jesus vs. Cthulhu" contest. Coach's is a fiction anthology debuting this summer that will feature genre short stories of a Christian-worldview nature. It's a sibling publication of the Relief Journal, which features more literary fare.

Right now, between the things I've published at the Wittenburg Door Insider and the things I have "accepted, but pending," I'm over the total number of things I had published all last year. (That's not counting the things I've subbed but have yet to hear back on.) That most all of them are in paying markets is a super big plus, too.

Coach's Midnight Diner isn't on sale yet, but I'll point you in the right direction when they begin taking pre-orders.

Labels: , , ,


Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

I'm so pleased for you, but not surprised. Congratulations!
Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:49 AM  
Congrats again, man!!!
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 9:59 PM  
Chris, this is fantastic! Knowing the quality of Relief Journal, I can't help but be jazzed about the Diner. That it gives voice to Christian authors of horror and SpecFic is all the more exciting. Much props!
Blogger Mike Duran, at 6:40 AM  
Congratulations, Mike. That's awesome that you won the first prize. I hear it's about a comic convention... I worked at a comic book store for three years, so I can't wait for the craziness to ensue!
Blogger Matt Mikalatos, at 12:21 PM  
Thanks, all.

I'm really glad with how the story turned out. It was the first story I really tried to say something through (not preachy, though, and rather open-ended) so to wind up as top pick in the category -- and in CMD -- is doubly thrilling.

Matt, the comicon setting is one of several in the story. I was into comics in the mid-80s (all the DC relaunch titles), but hadn't been to a comicon until "researching" for this story.
Blogger Mikesell, at 10:39 PM  

Get snarky