<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, December 08, 2006

Sour-D'oh!

A mouse has been driving me nuts for the last three days. He's been living in my office and pestering me. Not just skritching at the baseboards in the middle of the night--no, he's darting through the middle of the room night and day.

The other morning I heard a scratching noise over at one of the bookshelves. I turned and mousie peeked his head out, tucked it in, peeked out again. Then he ran to another bookshelf and did the same thing. Nothing's more humbling than being mocked by a mouse.

We set traps baited with peanut butter and placed them in the paths he usually runs. Thinking, I guess, that even if he wasn't hungry, maybe he'd run into a trap accidentally. Apparently mousie has a peanut allergy and some kind of peanut-radiation geiger counter. So I bought new traps today and loaded some with cheese, others with balls of sourdough bread.

Sourdough won. Mousie lost.

I'm leaving the traps out for a while in case it was actually multiple mice recreating the climactic scene from Amigos, Amigos, Amigos, and all the mice were dressed up in the same outfit so we'd think one mouse was everywhere. I hope we don't have a plethora of pesky rodents, but we'll see.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

The Northwestern mouse only responds to sourdough, just as the Southern mouse prefers grits.
... Shrill
Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:07 PM  
I still think its more fun to shoot them with a bb gun. But here's to hoping he didn't have a bunch of relatives moving in with him.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:09 AM  

Get snarky