<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Two Weeks, Two Stories

I'm about halfway through James Scott Bell's writing book Plot & Structure, which means I'll likely be restarting my rewrite next week. Bell's book and Brandilyn Collins' Getting into Character have really helped me get a handle on some of the bigger-picture things my work-in-progress is missing. If only I can translate those things into coherent (when necessary) prose. (There'll be a lot of Gaaaack!s and Urrrk!s in Part Three of the book where the zombies (or, more correctly, thrall corpses) get all chokey, so coherence can slip a little there.)

In the meantime I've been working on some shorter pieces--and submitting them for publication! Last week I sent in my contest entry to DKA Magazine. Results are expected mid-May. Last night I sent a 600-word submission about "Redeeming Peer-to-Peer Music Sharing" to The Wittenburg Door. Last time (God's Creation Blog) it took a couple weeks to find out if the editor liked it enough to send it to committee (6 weeks later), and then another couple months before it appeared in print.

I've got a couple more story ideas I want to work out before I get back to my WIP. Better get crackin'.

Stay tuned.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky