<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Fixing the Internet

About 15 minutes after I got home yesterday (about 2 after I found out about the DKA win) the Internet ceased to be available at my brother's house. It's through Time-Warner Cable and it's gone out a time or two before, usually a few minutes to a few hours. This time it was out overnight (without so much as a phone call to tell us where it was), so I called T-W this afternoon to find out what was up. (I spent the late morning at the public library, quelling my wi-fi jones).

The first phone call ended with the tech asking me to see if I could get online by connecting an ethernet cable to the modem/router. I did. I could. I told him so and the line went dead.

So I called back. I was online now, so I felt a little better. Got re-routed to the point the tech would've moved me to had I not been disconnected. Another "hold" queue, as it turned out.

I went back in the queue when I slipped on some wayward pool water and hit the disconnect button while I bobbled the phone.

After a total of 3 hours (were it not for the disconnects it may have been less) I got through to someone who walked me through resetting-up the modem/router. Took about 5 minutes.

I wrote down notes, so should this happen again I DIY it myself.

Labels:


Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Good plan--glad no one got hurt or had to talk you down. :-)
Blogger Jenny, at 11:40 PM  

Get snarky