<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Bang! Zoom!

I got word yesterday that the short story I submitted to this year's Dragons, Knights & Angels Short Story Contest took the top spot.

Here's how the editors described "Moonshot": "A minister of a technology-averse sect of Christianity wins a trip to a high-tech, Las Vegas style resort on the moon. Brimming with keen characterization and a distinctive authorial voice, this story has a Joycean epiphany that adds resonance to its finale."

I'm guessing that's James Joyce not Dr. Brothers, but I'm honored either way.

The story should be appearing some time next month, so stay tuned.

(Last year I also won the contest with a short story titled "The Fortunate Purgatory of Arthur MacArthur." That one is no longer available online, but you can get it in the Distant Passages II anthology. )

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

Congrats, Man!
Blogger Elaina M. Avalos, at 3:58 PM  
The Fortunate Purgatory... is still online. We don't remove stories onced archive unless the authors ask us to.

Here's the url:
http://dkamagazine.com/item.php?sub_id=129

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 5:36 PM  
Weird, Mir. I checked the link I had on my site, the DKA archive link, and the archived link for Jane's "Damage" (also in the anthology). All the pages came up with the story missing from the middle of the page.

Figgered you had pulled the stories for the anthology. Guess not. But for a brief while they weren't where they ought to have been.

Glad they're bock.
Blogger Mikesell, at 6:04 PM  
Congratulations, Mike!
Blogger chrisd, at 6:30 PM  
Wow! Congrats. They may have to rename the contest in your honor or something. :)
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:02 AM  

Get snarky