<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, June 18, 2007

Been Busy

Spent much of my "free" time last week preparing for Saturday's English/Language Arts content exam. Gotta pass to get a class of my own this fall. Think I did well. We'll find out in about three weeks.

Stay tuned.

Yesterday was rough, spending Father's Day away from Phil and Dina. Did get a cool handcrafted frame with a picture of Phil inside. And some nice cards. Not the same...

Here's the latest pic of Phil (and Biscuit).

In other news, PostSecret had a round-up of Father's Day secrets/postcards yesterday. (Who knows what'll be there next week; browse cautiously...) These were some emails sent in that appeared beneath this postcard:
-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 5:12 AM

My dad used to say that inside of the car's air-bags was uncooked popcorn. When you wrecked the popcorn would pop and you would have a snack until help came.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:13 AM

When I was little, my dad told me ATMs worked by having little monkeys inside them. I believed that for years. Now I work in a bank, and wish it were true!


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 6:55 AM

My dad told me the worst swear word you could possibly say was "Bostonian". It meant "someone who has no private parts." My brother and I used the word until we were teenagers and my father giggled every time we said it, right before he sent us to our rooms.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:29 PM

when i was little my dad told me that polyester was a small animal in australia & they would kill it to make clothes. that night i sat in my room reading the labels on my clothes for hours & threw all of the polyester ones away.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:06 PM

When I was little my Dad told me that the tune played by the ice-cream van was the ice-cream man letting everyone know that he'd run out of ice-cream.


-----Email Message-----
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 9:56 AM

When we'd approach exits or toll booths, my father told me the sound the car made when it went over the rumble strips was the car getting angry because I had been bad. I still sit up a little straighter when I hit a rumble strip.


Wonder if the ice cream truck one will work on Phil...

I'll try to check in sometime before next Father's Day, but right now I have to put the final touches on (The Narrative of the Life of) Frederick Douglass Character Bingo. Talk amongst yourselves until I get back.

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Good to hear from you! Didn't want to disturb the teacher in training but when I saw the news and all the flooding in your general area, I have to say I did a little praying.
Great pic of Phil, BTW and holler if I can help with any of your homework.
Blogger Jenny, at 11:29 AM  

Get snarky