<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Waking Up and Facing the Music

As I mentioned earlier, I have a new alarm clock. Plug an iPod in and wake to the song of your choosing (or, if you set it to random and fast forward to near the end of a song, you can be surprised).

Tried a rousing number from the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack. Tried Archie Bell telling me that he and the Drells, from Houston, Texas, dance just as good as they walk. Neither are particularly bad choices, though doing the Tighten Up first thing in the morning is recommended by only 1 out of 5 physicians. (You really should stretch first.)

Last couple days I've gone with Percy Faith's (Theme from) A Summer Place. (I always thought this was a Henry Mancini tune, but it's Max Steiner. Also, there are words ... who knew?) Nice to wake up to, not quite engaging enough that you'll keep listening instead of hitting the snooze bar. Just what I like in a wake-up call.

I think I'm going to have to create a playlist of "alarm clock" songs, though. Scrolling to the middle of the Ts takes forever.

Labels: ,


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky