<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

We're #8,547!

This morning I checked rhymezone.com for things that rhyme with Purim. (Don't ask.) One of the two responses was Durham, the third definition of which reveals that it's a name shared by 1 in every 5,882 families and ranks at the 696 spot in the U.S.

So I plugged in Mikesell. Unlike Durham, it isn't a breed of cattle, nor is it home to Duke University. The only definition is as a surname:
rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8547

How do you rate? (click the Durham or Mikesell link above, substitute your name in the URL, hit enter.)

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

7 Snarky Remarks:

My maiden name ranks as "very rare." My married name ranks as "common." So I'm a very rare commoner?
Blogger Unknown, at 12:58 PM  
It couldn't find my maiden name. My married name ranks #72 in the US, 1 in 970 families - very common.

Kanga
Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:36 PM  
My married name is common, and is only a surname: 1 in 4545 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #538)

On the other hand, my maiden name is very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #41073.

Interesting.
Blogger lindaruth, at 4:32 PM  
Dina's maiden name is #119 (1 in 1,333 families. She took a step of exclusivity -- yeah, that's the ticket -- in marrying me...
Blogger Mikesell, at 4:59 PM  
By the way, Shirley, you're definitely something alright.
Blogger Mikesell, at 5:06 PM  
Okay, who looks at these labels and queries "weird stuff," sees this post on some Technorati list and ends up here?
If you're here from that line, please raise your hand.
Blogger Heather, at 5:55 PM  
Pendergrass: rare: 1 in 25000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #3293

Van Vleet: they can't find it.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 10:25 PM  

Get snarky