<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Refer Madness

(Sorry 'bout the title, there. Couldn't resist.)

About ten years ago I joined MyPoints, one of those we-send-you-emails, you-read-them/respond-and-earn-points outfits. Since then I've earned more than $200 in Barnes & Noble gift certificates. Could've earned more -- not that a $25 gift card per year isn't a nice pick-me-up -- if I actually took advantage of any of the "offers." And then there was the year or so they went quiet, retooling the program or what, I don't know.

What I do know is that lately the emails have been coming more consistently. 5-20 points a day (you get 5 points for each email you respond to, whether you take advantage of the offer or not). With a little over 3,000 points you can get a $25 B&N gift card (many other deals available, I just like that one). You can get a $10 card at the same points/cash ratio if you like the "more rewards, more often" feeling.

Full Disclosure: They're doing a membership drive right now. If I refer you (hence the post's title) you get 125 points to start, I get a 200 bounty referral bonus. Interested? Leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail. Next month the referral bonus goes down to 100 points, which is still nice, so if you come upon this post after 1/31/07 and want the hook-up, please let me know.

Labels:


Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

LOL, I'm glad I'm not the only one that uses MyPoints for Barnes & Noble gift cards. I rarely take part in the offers, but I have reffered almost all my email screennames to take advantage of the referal points.
Blogger OneWritingMomma, at 1:25 PM  
Tell me more, tell me more, was it love at first sight?
Doesn't sound bad - free books.
Blogger Heather, at 12:19 PM  
Sure, you can refer me. It sounds interesting.
Blogger lindaruth, at 9:21 AM  

Get snarky