<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Live from Mt. Hermon

Good day today. I got over to Scotts Valley early so I cruised around town and Santa Cruz for a while before checking in at Mt. Hermon. Saw a lot of things that triggered memories, some things that I had forgotten I'd forgotten.

Tonight we had a good keynote address from Kay Marshall Strom. Top four things she's learned from attending Mt. Hermon:
  1. Listen and be teachable
  2. Don't confuse milestones with goals
  3. The basics matter a whole lot
  4. Fix your eyes on a long-term plan
Don't you feel smart now.

Before the keynote, several people I've met online led us in worship
(l-r: Jeanne Damoff, Christopher Fisher, Mrs. and Mr. Mike Snyder) Afterwards, there was a meet and greet where I briefly met and gret Dave Long (center) as well as members of the band (and Jennifer, Jeanne Damoff's friend, far left).

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Looks like you all are having *almost* fun as me.

I gotta go, it's my turn to Xerox Dive.
Blogger Angie Poole, at 3:15 PM  
Nice pictures, Chris! Do you mind if I copy them to my computer?

I enjoyed meeting you and laughing at your subtle, razor-sharp humor. Mine is the babble-endlessly-and-clever-remarks-may-ensue approach. You've mastered the well-timed zinger.

Fun to have a Bertrand-esque face to put with your words.
Blogger Jeanne Damoff, at 10:02 PM  
Please do, Jeanne.

It was great meeting you too. Mark is coming up to Oregon this June and we're going to try and get together. Have a battle of the beards or something.
Blogger Mikesell, at 10:40 PM  

Get snarky