<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Waiting to Exhale

This morning I sat down at my computer to finalize my advance materials submission to the Mt. Hermon Christian Writer's Conference. I pulled out the paperwork to make sure I had everything in order--nothing like sending out the wrong thing when trying to impress. Hmmm ... what's this? The line on the form that I swear used to say "materials must be postmarked by April 1st" now read "materials must be received by April 1st." How'd they do that?

Oh, and by the way--crap!

So I hurried through a final pass on everything, got it all bundled up, and headed to town. Got to Springfield, filled out the overnight packaging, got up to the counter. Time: 3:40p. The lady behind the counter says I missed the overnight deadline by 10 minutes. Well, what about 2nd -day delivery? Hmmm ... the Scotts Valley post office won't be open in the afternoon when the shipment would arrive.

Oh, and by the way--CRAP!!!

Phil and I rush back to the car and down the road to the FedEx/Kinkos. There's a delivery truck double-parked in front of the store. I run in and the guy's emptying out the dropbox. Will he take one more package? Sure. Will it get to Scotts Valley overnight? Yep. Does he have a pen I can borrow to fill out the paperwork? Does he? DOES HE??? He does.

The package left Springfield at 5:44 this evening. ETD is in fact tomorrow at 3p. I'm hoping that I can release my breath by 3:05.

(BTW: the pickup time posted on the outside of the FedEx dropbox was 3p. The timestamp online is 3:50. I'm gonna chalk this up to God's providence because my ability to watch out for myself really sucks.)

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky