<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Sam's Going Out of Business -- Oh, Goody Goody

Phil and I stopped at Gateway Mall in Eugene this evening, and after eating panda chow (Panda Express) we walked to the site of a future movie theater to see what progress was being made. It's still a vacant lot.

But inside the mall, across from the future theater entrace, Sam Goody was having a going out of business sale. All movies $15 or less; boxed sets half price. So I picked up The Matrix for $10, Moonlighting Seasons 1-2 for $25 (yeah, $50's ridiculous, but half off that beats Wal-Mart), and Season #1 and #3 of Space Ghost Coast to Coast for $15 each. Not a bad haul. (Sister store Suncoast Video was not going out of business. I don't know why they didn't just transfer the DVD inventory over there, but I'm not complaining.)

Before we went to the mall, we stopped at Best Buy where I picked up The Best of The Electric Company for $15 after gift cards were exhausted.

If you need me, I'll be in front of the TV.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Hey! TV-on-DVD at closeout prices! Those are some awesome deals there, man.

If only I could remember where our local Sam Goody's is ...
Blogger Sign out, at 1:24 PM  
hey - you should stop watching tv and get back to writing! see ya next month! JM
Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:14 PM  

Get snarky