<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Belated Happy St. Pat's

I saw this last night but was too tired to blog about it.

How To Speak Irish is a little sketch from Michael Nesmith's Television Parts. It forever changed the way I pronounce PoTAYtoes.

I would have sworn, though, that this sketch was from The New Show, which influenced the way I think of Orwell's 1984 (Buck Henry saying "Citizens, do the boogaloo"), and the phrase "broadway show tunes" has ever since carried Jeff Goldblum's vocal inflections. Guess it's a good thing I try to swear as infrequently as possible.

Unrelated irrelevant Monkee factoid: Micky Dolenz's first name is spelled without an "e" (it's news to me, as I had thought it was spelled the usual way until this week; possibly would have sworn to it, though I can't swear to that, either).

(via Google Video of the Day)

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky