<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, March 10, 2006

Snow Day and Surgery

We had a couple inches of snow overnight, which closed down the school. Unfortunately for Phil it doesn't count as a "Snow Day" because the elementary school was already closed today for parent/teacher conferences. It counts as my first-ever Snow Day since I would have had to go to school for said conference. (When I was growing up, it snowed once in San Jose but school wasn't cancelled. I believe that was 1976 and, as far as I know, it hasn't snowed there since.)

Here are a few pix of how Phil spent the morning:
Dina had her second surgery this morning and the surgery and recovery went much smoother than the first time around. Part of that's because it was a shorter procedure, part because we knew the difficulties she faced in recovery the first time around (if you know you're going to be cold and nauseated you can ask for an electric blanket and anti-nausea meds ahead of time.) Barring unforeseable setbacks she should be released from the hospital tomorrow.

Thanks everyone for your prayers; though things haven't gone as smoothly as we'd hoped, I'd hate to think how things would have gone without prayer support. In the words of Mike Roe's Lutheran Hymn: "I will thank You for the blessings / I will bless You for the curse / I’ll rejoice when I hear the bad news / ‘Cuz the bad news could always be much worse."

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky