<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, March 06, 2006

Dawn of a New Era

Dina's folks came up from southern California this evening in order to spend the next few days with her at the hospital. Before we could go out to dinner, Phil had to put his shoes on. We had him show Grammy and Poppa how he could tie the knot with his laces all by himself. Then, risking a meltdown, we asked him to try "doing the bunny ears" (grown-up translation: tie the bow).

Whaddyaknow, he did it. Only half a bow remained after pulling the laces tight on his first attempt. But the second try went perfectly.

Dina and I have only been trying for over two months to get him to practice tying his shoes. Grammy's here forty-five minutes and he has it mastered. He was actually more excited about tying his shoes than he was about getting the Hot Wheels reward (I think that's promising).

Now we have to come up with some kind of "first" he can do during my folks' visit next month. I'll be gone, so if it's a piercing his skin has a week to heal over before I get back.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

can he button his shirt and zip his pants?

Selah's girlfriend bought her a great doll for Christmas that helps her do all those things. The first week after Christmas she was tying her shoes, buttoning my shirts. Now two weeks until her sixth birthday and she's forgotten everything. :)

Oh, yeah...
Tag, you're it. I have a meme for you on my gospelfiction dot com site.
Blogger Unknown, at 12:50 PM  
Just checking in to see how Dina is. I've been praying.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 12:10 AM  
Dee: Phil can button and zip, though he's about 50/50 in getting buttons and holes lined up on his shirts and doesn't do well with pants that have a top button instead of a snap.

Michelle: Thanks. I just posted a surgery update.
Blogger Mikesell, at 12:39 AM  

Get snarky