<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Surgery Update

Dina went into surgery around 2:45 this afternoon (she had been scheduled for 1-1:30) and around 6pm her surgeon let us know she was on her way to recovery. They think they got all the stones from her left kidney, but won't know for certain until a CT scan tomorrow morning. (She has some small stones on the right side that they'll evaluate once her left kidney stabilizes.)

Just before 8pm, Dina was wheeled into her new room (her third this hospital stay). By that time I had to leave and grab Phil from church and get him home to bed. When the nurses asked if I would please wait a couple (more) minutes, I said, "No," and held Dina's hand while they finished getting her situated. Hopefully they won't spit in her I.V. because of my defiance.

Thank you to all of you who held Dina up in prayer for this surgery. Please keep her recovery in your prayers (and ask that God would give me patience with the medical community--and, at some point, insurance people).

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

I'll keep praying for you both (and maybe I should pray for the medical personnel too :) ).
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 7:34 AM  

Get snarky