<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Smokin'

A while back I got a radio transmitter for my iPod. It's a thing that plugs into a cigarette lighter socket and then the iPod plugs into it. Tune the transmitter and the car radio to the same FM frequency and if all goes to plan the iPod plays over the car's speakers.

Unfortunately we can't have the radio transmitter and the cell phone charger plugged in at the same time. Consequently our cell phone is frequently dead when we need to use it. 'Cause I need to hear Lulu sing the theme from The Man with the Golden Gun* over and over and over again while I'm driving.

I picked up a dual-outlet cigarette lighter plug-in at Target today. The transmitter plugs into one outlet, the cell phone charger into the other. Theoretically. Hypothetically. In an alternate reality.

Mine started to smolder after I plugged the radio transmitter in. And burned my index finger when I yanked it (the dual-outlet gadget) out of the socket.

It was a cheapo thing ($6). Anyone know if more expensive equals less incendiary in this kind of device? Found a specific brand/model you're pleased with? Lemme know, thanks.

*I watched this with Phil on AMC yesterday; He had to be distracted from several of the "action" sequences, if you know what I mean and I think you do. <growl>

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

No clue about the dual outlet plug-ins, but my brother was trying to get a friend to stop smoking, they both grabbed for the car lighter, and, well, my bro's thumb was smoking. And black.
Blogger Katie Hart - Pinterest Manager, at 10:21 AM  
Dual outlet plug-ins: I got one from Wally World last year that worked great with dual DVD players on our annual Kentucky Quest. Can't remember the brand name, they only had one kind in the automotive section.

Radio Transmitters: Mine is a Belkin that plugs into the iPod's speaker outlet thing. It works pretty good, but I have to stuff it down my shirt for the best transmission.

I also have to replace the triple A's every week--the battery kind. Not the other.
Blogger Angie Poole, at 10:10 PM  
There ya go Angie, a perfect stand-up bit. Anecdotal, self-deprecating (as opposed to -depreciating), mildly risque/off-color, and a zingy punchline.

Let me know when you head off for the open-mike. I'll let your Sunday School class know.
Blogger Mikesell, at 10:37 PM  

Get snarky