<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Bible Search

I just saw this over at Jordon Cooper's weblog: The ESV Bible Toolbar Plug-In for Firefox (the free internet browser you should be using).

In the past when I've wanted to track down a Bible verse online I've used Gospel Communications Bible Gateway, which was a fairly simple process: click the bookmark from the drop-down menu, choose verse or keyword search and fill in the parameters. This is easier: choose the ESV plug-in from the toolbar drop-down, fill in verse citation or keyword ... and away we go!

Bible Gateway is still a useful tool for searching multiple translations and paraphrases, but this toolbar plug-in is a superquick starting point (it's hosted by gospelcom.net, too).

Check it out.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Thanks. ESV is my translation of choice. Now I'm hooked up with the cyber version.
Blogger michael snyder, at 9:53 AM  
This is very cool. I have the ESV Web site bookmarked because it's really handy, but this is even better.

I bought a small paperback ESV a few weeks ago and I like it. I sent for the free CD they offered, but it's Windows only :( so I can't use it. Oh well.

Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 11:08 AM  

Get snarky