<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, April 24, 2005

From the Mouths of Four-Year-Olds

Today at church we had communion. I'm not sure what the pattern is (or if there is a pattern) for the frequency of church-wide communion, but it's once a month or less. (Communion is available every Sunday at the altar/prayer rail for those who seek it.) They served it before children were dismissed, so Phil took communion with everyone else.

While our pastor was citing the passage about the Last Supper, I was simultaneously translating into words Phil could understand. I think it boiled down to: We do this to remember what Jesus did for us by dying for our sins. After we took the Body, Phil clapped and said "Thank you, God."

I love my boy.

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

I do this thing and give myself 10 chances to hit that little "next blog" button at the top of the screen...then I make myself get back to work. I usually don't get anything good...but today, well yours was the first "next blog" and I was blessed by the story of your son in church...children truly are a blessing from the Lord!
Blogger Stacey, at 11:04 PM  

Get snarky