<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Saturday, April 23, 2005

IE7 News

I just noticed a post at slashdot about changes upcoming in Internet Explorer 7, including proper PNG file handling.

I know, from tweaking the blog template last night, that there are a couple PNG images being used here. One of which overlays the charioteer in the lower left.

So I checked how the blog looks in IE6 and, sure enough, it doesn't handle PNG files properly: the overlay doesn't appear, so text just scrolls over the charioteer in the background. For some reason IE6 also shows the old template when you click on a the "link" button, though that's probably a caching problem. <sigh>

For a real browser experience, get FireFox. (I'll check Safari compatibility when I jack the PowerBook into the phoneline tonight.)

I've changed the text color over in the menu pane to black, set the unvisited links to dark blue (they turn red when you hover the mouse over them); I'm not sure if I'll change the visited links from purple or not.

I moved the Google Ads up and put the Revival blog in a "What I'm Writing" category.

I did the Hokey-Pokey and turned myself around.

That's what it's all about.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

the back ground is better, good job. hey I like the Hokey-Pokey :-D
Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  
Good thing I had my coffee while I was checking in this morning; I was sure I'd landed myself on the wrong blog for a second. Wait, no. No one else asks me to leave a snarky remark; I must be in the right place. Looks good!
Blogger Valerie Comer, at 10:32 AM  
I was wondering about the centurian guys off to the side. It was a little freaky when I realized they weren't moving when I scrolled down the page. But it does produce an interesting 3-D effect. You should issue special glasses...
Linda
Blogger lindaruth, at 9:24 AM  

Get snarky