<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

It's All About Me: Me Meme Me

My friend Brenda Coulter has challenged me to answer the following questions. Because I'm an obliging sort, I'll take a crack at them.

1. You’re stuck inside Fahrenheit 451. Which book do you want to be?
The Name of The Rose (Eco) because it's my favorite book and being a book about the destruction of books in the context of a F451 universe has ironic possibilities I can't begin to fathom

2. Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Vic Warshawski, if you ever need a sidekick, I'm there baby.

3. The last book you bought was…?
The Computer Curmudgeon (Kawasaki) - Nostalgic and funny and I'm getting acclimated to the Mac ethos (I almost have my "It just works" smirk down right)

4. The last book you read was…?
The Empress File (Sandford), later today it'll be The Grim Grotto (Snicket)

5. What are you currently reading?
Computer Curmudgeon, Grim Grotto and Othersyde (Straczynski)

6. Five books you would take to a desert island…
Presuming the Gideons have already been there and left a Bible in the nightstand:

Mysterious Island (Verne)
The unabridged version is the ultimate desert island survival guide

The Name of the Rose
Got to start memorizing it for Question 1

IT (King)
My favorite of his

Lord of the Flies (Golding)
Because as bad as it is to be stranded alone on a desert island, it's good to be reminded that being stranded with a bunch of hoodlums would be infinitely worse

any Norton Anthology of anything
chock full of literary goodness and I'd be awhile in finishing it

7. Who are you passing this stick on to and why?
Angie Poole, because now that tax time is over she's got a lot of time on her hands until the next quarterly filing date

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Hey, I thought about Angie, too, and meant to put her on my list but got distracted or something. Like you, I figured she'd have plenty of time now....
Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 12:56 PM  

Get snarky