<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, December 10, 2004

Tip for Panhandlers

When Dina, Phil and I went to the Sacto Amtrak station, a guy came up to me looking for $6.75 for a bus ticket to Chico.

When we arrived in Eugene, a guy (different guy) came up to me looking for $12 and change so he and his girlfriend could get bus tickets to Alaska.

In both cases I said no (in the latter case I said "no" 3 times, then a fourth when the guy asked me if I needed help with my bags).

Why? Because I'm a heartless jerk? Well, there's that.

But mostly because in neither case was the train station anywhere near the bus depot. If you're going to come up with a highly implausible story involving exact change, at least put yourself geographically near the correct mass transit terminal.

Just a tip.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky