<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, November 29, 2004

Twenty-eight Down. Two to Go.

Well, NaNoWriMo is winding down and it looks like I'm going to make it. I already have the word count; I just have to wrap the thing up.

Last night I started the penultimate chapter, the scene I envisioned from the line in The Call's song, Oklahoma: "The preacher cried out 'Hell's been raised!'" Zombies are now running rampant in the town of Graphite. The demon N'Vonecz has taken possession of Rev. Herbert Gantt's body (pun most certainly intended).

In this chapter and the Revival Meeting one, I started by sketching out all the things that could go into the chapter. I got all but one or two into the Revival one. I have way more than I can get to tonight in the Zombie chapter, so I've highlighted a few (the ones I've been mulling over the longest) and will catch the others during the rewrite.

Tomorrow I'll write the Aftermath chapter as the survivors walk through the ruins of their town (this presumes that after the rewrite there will be any survivors; if that all changes in the second draft, then the Aftermath chapter will come from the perspective of the road crew who finally manage to install a temporary bridge into town.)

All in all this has been a great month. I'm still as stoked about the book as I was in late October, if not more so.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky