<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Post-NaNo Depression

I wrapped up the novel last night at 11:30, and promptly fell into a funk.

Not a Sly & The Family Stone funk.

Not the Funk-y Chicken.

Just a funk.

I know I was pretty blissed out when I crossed the 50,000 word mark, which was the objective of the month. So I'm guessing the funk had to do with finishing the novel. Or of not making it to 75K words, which I thought I might have been able to do. Or maybe I needed more caffeine.

It was a long month and I'm glad to have gone through it. To have the thing out of my head and printed out on paper feels wonderful.

Tonight I begin work on a short-story that's been in my head for awhile, too. Having completed the first draft of Revival gives me confidence that this story will make it on to the page as well.

I'm feeling better now.

I'm not dancing the Funky Chicken yet, but I'm certainly feeling certainly less be-funked.


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky