<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Other Side of the Tracks

A few Christmases back I ripped a bunch of CDs to iTunes and then transferred them to my iPod. For whatever reason the CDDB (the online database that gets disc info like song names) wasn't working, consequently everything loaded into iTunes/iPod as Track 01, Track 02, Track 03, etc. This hasn't been a problem until recently when I hit the Traxxx section during the A-Z exploration of my iPod.

After all, when listening to the Nat King Cole Christmas album you can tell pretty quickly that Track 01 is "The Christmas Song" or that Track 02 is "Deck the Halls." For Garrison Keillor's Now it Is Christmas Again it doesn't really matter what the tracks are titled. The Star Wars soundtrack albums (and John Williams' Greatest Hits) could use track names, but when just listening to the album it's not a big, big problem.

Fourteen consecutive "Track 01"s though ... big, big problem.

Anyhoo, today I reached the final Track track (Keillor's Track 25, aka "O Little Town of Bethlehem").

Still 600+ songs to go.

Getting there, though....

Labels: ,


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky