<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

What! Another iTunes Post?

Yeah. So?

Look, I know I recommended the Charlotte's Web thing the other day. It's a good deal and you should take advantage of it. But I know your time is important, if to no one else than yourself, so I'm not going to waste it going on about other things at the iTunes store you can spend $5 on (though they have added Sudoku and a set of solitaire games to their offerings).

And even though they're free, I'm not going to go on and on and on about the Christmas songs by Sufjan Stevens and The King's Singers they're giving away. Because your time is important. And I respect that.

Which is why it pains me so -- no, wait ... I've been sitting on a pistachio shell -- to suggest you download the six-hour audiobook of John "I'm a PC" Hodgman's Areas of My Expertise. It's free, though your time is not (nor, possibly, is your employer's bandwidth, so fair warning, right?). Still, the cover proclaims that the recording has been "digitally encoded with 'listen while you sleep' hypnotic suggestion technology for painless edification while unconscious." (I believe that "painless" claim is voided if you sleep on pistachio or other nut shells, or really any non-mattress surface; listening to the audiobook while sleeping and driving also not recommended.) So there you go, you multitasker you.

Of course, how you can sleep through all the laughing you'll be doing I can't imagine. That's a commitment to time management I just don't understand.

Labels: ,


Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky