<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Transport"

My poem "Transport" (Newlyweds experience teleportation for the first time--and get more than they expected) is now online at Dragons, Knights & Angels Magazine. It took third in their 2006 Poetry Contest, which ain't too shabby.

Originally the poem was subtitled "The Revelatory Love Song of Arthur J. MacArthur Prufrock," and while there's a subtle reference or two to T.S. Eliot's LSoAJP, the subtitle was ultimately jokey, so I let it go.

The theme for the contest was "Revelation" (how ever you want to define it), which the subtitle oversold (another reason to cut it).

Can't wait to read the first- and second-place entries (and the honorable mentions). When they come online, I'll let you know.

Labels: ,


Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

I like this -- good job and congratulations!
Blogger lindaruth, at 11:10 AM  
Congratulations, excellent work. E me sometime.
Shrill
Blogger Unknown, at 6:27 PM  

Get snarky