<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Feel Free to Laugh

Okay, the time stamp on the LastFM widget in the sidebar may or may not ever get fixed. But after The Village People's "In the Navy" played shortly after 9am today, the time stamp is probably the least of my worries.

Yes, I have some really bad music in my iTunes library. And since iTunes is shuffling nearly everything (audiobook-type things are deselected), it's all gonna come out sooner or later. Most likely sooner.

I've put a link below the widget linked to comments for this post. Feel free to rag on me (yesterday's ABBA and Enya -- how'd you like to introduce those two, Mr. Letterman? -- moments were prime opportunities to laugh at my expense).

Also, I take requests. Want me to listen to "Rainy Days and Mondays"? "I Started a Joke"? Waylon Jennings' "Dukes of Hazzard" theme song? Ask away. (The BeeGees will involve a donation to charity on your part beforehand, but I'll listen to it if I've got it.)

And if you've got/are getting a LastFM account, lemme know.

Mikesell

4 Snarky Remarks:

Have you considered playlists? Such as smart playlists that select only your top rated songs. This week I've been playing through the almost 600 songs that I've rated 4 or 5 stars. This effectively keeps some of the dregs of my collection out of the public eye. :) (though perhaps some would think otherwise)

On the other hand, there's something freeing about letting the world (or at least the part of the world that visits one's blog) see the highs and lows of one's musical quest.

In a few weeks, my list will lean heavily to Christmas music -- including The Carpenters. I make no apologies.

P.S. In Last.fm in your profile preferences somewhere there's a place to set your time zone. It took me a while to find it, but it's in there somewhere.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:26 AM  
hmmmm - seems to be a large population of piratey music...
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:11 PM  
Linda: Haven't tried smart playlists; I like the mix of unfortunate musical selections. Looks like I finally found the correct time setting.

Anon: Got a couple CDs in the mail today. Thanks.
Blogger Mikesell, at 8:57 PM  
Get a Nano, dude. And you MUST listen to k.d. lang's "Hallelujah."

Shrill, REMEMBER ME???
Blogger Unknown, at 4:53 PM  

Get snarky