<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Embarrassing Myshelf

On her blog this morning, Brenda Coulter offered to reveal the contents of her two seven-foot bookshelves. Pick a bookshelf (1 or 2), pick a shelf (1 thru 7), and a starting point on the shelf, and she'd let you know about the five books that led her to. I enquired about the 4th book from the right on five shelves of bookshelf two.

She suggested I help start a meme on this by offering to reveal the contents of my bookshelves, too.

Here goes: Bookshelves 1 and 2 have three shelves accessible, Bookshelf 3 has four. Books aren't stacked neatly, so tell me how many to skip and whether to start from the left or the right side of the shelf. (Shelf 3 of Bookshelf 2 is the only one shared with Dina.) I also have a pile of books across the room.

And then there's the DVD-shelf. The equivalent of six shelves (boxes piled up on the shelved DVDs). Pick shelf, start number, left or right.

So, who's first?

Labels: , ,


Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

She suggested I help start a meme

No, I told you to start the meme. I was delegating, get it?
;-)

So, tell us about the last five books on the last shelf of the last bookcase.
Blogger Brenda Coulter, at 3:04 PM  
The last 5 books on Shelf 4 of Bookshelf 3:

Resist or Serve: The Official Guide to The X Files, Volume 4, by Andy Meisler. Picked it up from Waldenbooks for $2.99.

The Death of Superman. Graphic novel. Gift from my dad, IIRC. Haven't read it, but now that I've re-located it, I will.

The Nitpicker's Guide for X-Philes, by Phil Farrand. Covers seasons 1-4. One of two copies of this book I own. Bought the second at St. Vincent's a while back. Free to a good home, if anyone's interested.

Writing Mysteries, by Margaret Lucke. Bought at Powell's for $4 off the cover price. Good info, if a bit oversized.

How to Solve a Murder, by Michael Kurland. Purchased at Powell's same time as the Lucke book, for about half price. Never read. Ought to have good forensic info for a detective working in the early- to mid-90's. Might be useful in figuring out who killed Superman (cross-reffing the X Files books to rule alien or paranormal activity in or out...).

Who's next?
Blogger Mikesell, at 3:43 PM  
This is a great meme ... and I want to know what are Books 3 - 8 from the right, on the top shelf of Bookshelf 1. (I hope I did that right. It was more confusing than I thought it would be when I tried to type it).
Blogger TrudyJ, at 8:44 PM  
I'm game, even though 3-8 is six (math is weird).

#3 Prophet, hardcover, by Frank E. Peretti. Back when he used his middle initial. Kept getting confused with Frank Peretti the dentist, I s'pose. Plotline was a little obvious as I recall. Took me a couple false starts to get through the book.

#4-5 This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness, separate trade paperbacks, both by Peretti (since you can get a 2-in-1 book (or even 3-in-1 with Prophet) I cut you some slack on this one). Crossways 23rd and 3rd printings; both replaced books lost in a flooded basement. Have heard these haven't aged well, may have to revisit the spiritual warriors someday.

Switching from vertically aligned books to several piled on top...

#6 The Restaurant at the end of the Universe, by Douglas Adams. Harmony Books hardcover book-club edition. $1.99 wherever it was I bought it. Not as good as Hitchhiker's, but the best of the rest, IIRC.

Between books six and seven was a Lane County (Ore.) Voter Registration postcard. It's not a book, but I thought I'd be thorough.

#7 Dogbert's Top Secret Management Handbook, as told to Scott Adams. In hardcover. Bought for the Dilbert cartoons, not the management advice.

#8 The Black Throne, by Roger Zelazny and Fred Saberhagen. Hardcover, published by Baen Fantasy. Quite disappointing as I had expected a good read from Mssrs. Z and S. Anomalous, I'm sure; which is why I've held on to it.

(To the direct left of book 5 are books 1-7 of the Left Behind series in trade paperback. All gifts.)


Who's next?
Blogger Mikesell, at 11:46 PM  
Who's next? Maybe someone who can DO MATH!

Very interesting. Your first four are also on my bookshelf, though the Perettis belong to my husband.
Blogger TrudyJ, at 4:22 AM  

Get snarky