<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's All About Me

First off, a huge thanks to Rob Lafferty for the time and effort he took crafting the story; and to the editor and publisher of the West Lane News for the roles they played, too. Front page news, above the fold headline. Even prominent placement on the website. Sweet!

Yes, the article I've been squawking about is now in print. Head on over to the West Lane News website. Click on "Suspense writer emerges from Triangle Lake" (like I'm some kind of Creature from the Black Lagoon -- I wish!).

Enjoy!

[Sept. 1: West Lane News has graciously allowed me to archive a copy of the article online. The above link will take you to their current issue; to read the archived story, click here.]

Mikesell

6 Snarky Remarks:

Good story! The reporter did a good job with it. If I was reading it, I'd want to find out more about what you write. He wove your experiences as a writer and the stories you write and your life together well. And, speaking as a former page designer, the paper has a nice clean modular design.

I'm sure this is fun for you (and Dina and Phil).
Blogger lindaruth, at 4:20 PM  
Chris,

How cool is that?
Blogger Angie Poole, at 9:37 PM  
DerFielden,
That was an awesome article! I'm glad someone like you was featured - cause zombie Christian is more interesting to read about than most anything else! Except Wilbur, of course. Oh, and sorry that Pastor Hank punched you (him) in the nose that one fishing trip.

Jason (QB)
Blogger Jason, at 2:18 PM  
Chris, that was a great article! I'm impressed. Kudos to Rob! He knows how to hook his readers.


There's been a tent set up down the street for over a week now with a sign that says "Something Big's About To Happen" and I can't help but think of you every time we pass.

You (or should I say your Phil) always makes me laugh. The vegetable comment was priceless. Was he excited to see his name in the paper?
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 7:35 PM  
Thanks all.

Linda: Once my head deflates a little, I think Dina'll find the situation a bit more fun.

Angie: Pretty dang cool.

Jason: Thanks and payback's coming.

Michelle: Phil bounced around the room when I read him his part of the story.
Blogger Mikesell, at 8:33 PM  
Great article, Chris. And I think it was cool they included that review of your flash fiction. Lots of great lines through out that story.
Blogger Unknown, at 10:50 AM  

Get snarky