<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Interview Review

I met with Rob Lafferty from West Lane News this afternoon for an hour or so. He let me know at the start that he wasn't going for the Pulitzer, so that took the pressure right off. (I do have a cure for cancer that I should probably release to the world sometime, though...)

We talked about how I started writing, what the goals for my writing are, how Brandilyn Collins' Scenes & Beans blog works, life here at the lake and at the camp/conference center, and what are some good steps for a new writer to take on their way to publication. We helped a wayward traveler find his way to some public waterfront (I think there may be a Wilbur Hucks story there, but handled more curmudgeonly-ly). We talked about freelance possibilities with the WLN.

Early in our meeting he took a few pictures of me sitting at a picnic table typing on the PowerBook with the lake in the distance. What'd I type?
I’m acting as if I’m typing something that is serious , but really I’m faking it, kind of like murder she wrote.
Not sure what that means exactly--except that I'm not going to be trying out at Writer's Improv Nite--but maybe it'll come in handy some time.

Overall a painless process. No embarrassing Tom Cruise furniture jumping. Brushed my teeth beforehand so no leftover tomato or lettuce bits stuck between the cracks. Don't think I oversold myself, or sold myself short for that matter. Gave props to faith*in*fiction, Mount Hermon's Christian Writers Conference, Brandilyn Collins, and the various venues I've been published at.

Rob ('nuff about me; Rob was great, too!) has a Tuesday deadline, so park yourself near a West Lane News retail outlet now and beat the crowds.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

That is so great!

Now tell us how you got the gig. I've been sending emails and calling and haven't got a response.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 6:04 AM  
Sounds like it went well!
Blogger lindaruth, at 1:21 PM  

Get snarky