<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Where'd Everybody Go?

A couple of days ago I changed from using the standard Blogger service to their new Beta version.

A couple of days ago I went from having 70, 80, 100+ first-time visitors per day to having only 9 yesterday and 13 the day before. As far as I can tell, visitors who used to be counted for clicking through to an image referenced in the blog are no longer being counted. That's a bummer because 99% of my traffic from foreign countries came via image search.

Anyone out there have a lot of image search traffic that didn't appear to drop off after switching to Blogger Beta? What stat-tracking service are you using?

Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

I haven't switched to Blogger Beta yet, so I don't know what's going on. I suspect it's one of the 'bugs' they're working out. I use StatCounter, by the way.
Blogger lindaruth, at 1:15 PM  
Statcounter's what I've got, too. I switched because it sounded like they had category tags, but -- alas -- those are yet to be rolled out.
Blogger Mikesell, at 1:35 PM  
I switched because of the category tags as well...they're getting rid of them?

I can't leave messages on blogs that haven't switched to beta and I can't log in to even try to leave a comment on those blogs.

I lost stuff on my sidebar and I can't have the photo in my header. I can't have photolinks on my sidebar.

Uhm...I'm not a happy camper. :(
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 2:54 PM  
No, they're adding the category tags as part of Blogger. There are some 3rd party hacks that get the job done, but they're incorporating tags into the post-options window.

I can add comments to non Beta blogs, but I have to enter my user-id/password multiple times if I preview my comments.

I had some glitches in the sidebar (foreign-language characters), but everything else seems to have come through the transition okay.

Well, except for the stats...
Blogger Mikesell, at 3:09 PM  
I'm not near as technically inclined as you are. But I know I'm not stupid, y'know? (Ok, don't answer...) LOL

When I enter the user id/password mulitple times, it ends up giving me an error screne every time. So I just signed up for another blogger account (actually I found a test one I had signed up for and I have no recollection whatsoever of doing it) But it does the trick.

I tried to add my gmail account as a team blogger, but it won't allow me to do that either.
Blogger ~michelle pendergrass, at 3:45 PM  

Get snarky