<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, August 03, 2006

And So It Begins ... Again

iTunes Music Store has added the TV show Babylon-5 to its library. Right now they've only got the first season, which is fine. The plots weren't what they'd become in later seasons, but plenty of good character establishment and good writing. The first episode I saw was toward the end of the season, "Babylon Squared." Didn't quite know what to make of it, but from the "Fasten. Zip." conversation I was hooked.

If I ever get the whole season/series it'll be on DVD, but it was worth $1.99 for "B^2." Some pivotal plot moments plus Zathras (or was it Zathras? or maybe Zathras; I'm not sure).

Looking forward to future seasons and "Passing through Gethsemane" and "Intersections in Real Time."

Good stuff, Maynard.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

I have the whole series on DVD. :) Because it would have cost like 400 bucks through regular channels, I got it from EBay. Turned out that four of the episodes had hiccups viewingwise, and one episode was totally unwatchable (a good one, too), but I still got my money's worth and more. I paid 1/3rd the regular price and ended up with most of all five seasons. WHOOOO.

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 6:08 PM  
Amazon has the seasons for $45 each, which is about half what they were going for a few years back. Not bad, but more money and time than I can justify at the moment.

Someday...
Blogger Mikesell, at 10:37 PM  

Get snarky