<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, July 31, 2006

Certifiable

Oregon is now requiring boat drivers to pass a written test and obtain a Boater Education Card. Because they can.

Last night I took the test, open-book. Wound up getting 74 out of 75 correct. Misread the book on a homeland security question. I'm sure I'm on a watchlist somewhere now, but since it's unlikely the US Navy's going to host Fleet Week on our lake I think I'm okay to take the ski boat out for a spin and not wind up in Guantanamo.

So I printed out my temporary certificate and ordered a "permanent" card (permanent until the state wants some more money and requires everyone to take the test again). This afternoon I get to keelhaul some campers; just because they happen to be floating on innertubes whilst being hauled doesn't need to spoil my fun. Aarrrrgghhhh! (Piracy was not covered in the boating test.)

Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

You're on my watchlist. Well, isn't a blogline a watchlist? :)

Hmmm. Your middle name isn't Mahmoud, is it?

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 4:32 PM  
Take a right at Guantanamo and head to Bayamo, then up into the mountains, and say hi to my cousins, would ya?

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 4:33 PM  
Don't forget to keep score - 10 pts if you get a camper off the inner tubes, or 30 pts if you get both campers off on the first turn!! (but only for the number 3 rides)

Sounds like fun
Kanga
Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:39 PM  
Mir, you're killing me here...

Kanga, I scored many a point today. Had one kid off before the first turn, then his buddy fell off when I circled back to get him. Apparently we have to go over why there are straps for them to hold on to...
Blogger Mikesell, at 12:21 AM  
Chris, Sugar, you may want to head over to Tangent Online.

http://www.tangentonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=824&Itemid=265

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 12:21 PM  

Get snarky