<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, July 14, 2006

My TV Fix

With Boston Legal and House done for the summer, I'm down to one TV night a week. Tonight. And one channel. USA.

My TV lineup is now just Monk and, as of last week, Psych. Both well-written, well-acted, and witty. The new Sharona on Monk has even grown on me.

But I think it's Dulé Hill I'm most looking forward to seeing tonight (even more than Tony Shaloub, and that's saying something). He and Richard Schiff were my main reasons for watching The West Wing, so I'm glad he's landed a good role on a good show post-Wing.

For a moment it looked like I'd have to accomodate the Stephen King four-week Nightmares & Dreamscapes anthology on TNT, but that airs locally at 6pm. Not conducive to my schedule or family-friendly-before-the-boy-goes-to-bed lifestyle. I'll wait for the inevitable DVD boxed set.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

We've been MONK fans since day one. Ditto HOUSE. In fact, I was ready to watch HOUSE long before it premiered. All I needed to hear was "Hugh Laurie" and I was so there. Ditto Tony Shalhoub. He was the best thing in WINGS.

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed PSYCHE. I hadn't intended to watch, but it followed MONK, so there we were. Funny. Cute. Clever set-up of the "why" he can do this. Nice son/father conflict set-up. And the lead guy is spot-on with the character--quirky, boyish, with light and dark bits. His partner does wonderful mugging reactions.

Eccentric characters are fun.

Mir
Blogger Mirtika, at 11:28 AM  
I recorded “Monk”, but haven’t had time to watch it. I’ve recorded all the “Psyche’s” too, but ditto on watching them. But nothing could stop me from watching the newest “Stargate” episodes. As far as favorite shows, it’s “My name is Earl”.
Blogger David Meigs, at 12:40 AM  
I like House -- but he comes dangerously close sometimes to crossing the "interestingly quirky" line into downright irritating and annoying. Not to mention grossly unethical. But it's one of the best-written and acted shows I've seen in long time.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:24 AM  

Get snarky