<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Like a Tent Meeting at iTunes

The two free tracks at iTunes this week are both by Christian bands (or bands made up of Christians).

Single of the Week: "The Storm" by The Procussions. Unless you really hate hip-hop (like "get off my lawn, I'm missing the Lawrence Welk Show" hating) you'll like this song. I don't know a phat beat from a I-don't-know-what groove, so I can't evaluate it in those terms. I know what I like, though, and this I liked.

Discovery Download: "Love Found Me" by DecembeRadio. Not ear-bleeding, but definitely some driving rock'n'roll here. Again, fans of the Welk show may disapprove, so be sure to play the song really loud on the parkstrip outside their retirement home. But really, who could hate lyrics like these: "No turning back/My life is like an eight track/I can't rewind/So I'm making up for lost time." Witness-y, yeah; but not cringingly awkward.

And they're not passing the plate. Can I get an "Amen"? I hear that "Hallelujah," sister.

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

I like "Love Found Me" -- a lot. Very cool music. :)
Blogger lindaruth, at 11:22 AM  

Get snarky