<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, May 19, 2006

Adventures in Marketing

The more I've worked at writing my novel (not that I've worked on it lately; I'm a bad, bad man), the more I've realized that there's more to it than just sitting and thinking and occasionally (too occasionally) typing something. There's still the whole world of marketing to conquer if (when!) your manuscript gets greenlit for production.

Fortunately, I find this marketing world fascinating. I've read a bit here and there about book marketing and guerilla marketing and this and that, but I don't have much practical experience. Rather than boo-hoo about it, I've been on the lookout for opportunities to boost my skills. I was thrilled when Brandilyn Collins offered the opportunity to audition for a character blog based on her upcoming Kanner Lake series. (Announcements or callbacks or whatnot will be issued next month.)

And now fellow-guy-named-Chris, Chris Well, has asked me participate in a "street team" promoting his Kansas City Blues series (Book 2, Deliver Us from Evelyn, came out recently; Book 1, Forviging Solomon Long, was published in 2005). I'll probably blog on my experience from time to time, both what I'm doing and what I'm learning. Should be fun.

Here's one thing I've learned so far: by selling subscriptions to CCM (Contemporary Christian Music) Magazine, Chris is able to earn credit toward buying an ad to promote his novel(s). Personally, I'd save up for the Schwinn, but to each his own.

To find out more about CCM (including how to mooch a free issue), this promotional deal, and Chris' novels, click here. If you can't be bothered by details and want to jump straight to helping Chris out, follow this link. If you want to just send Chris a bunch of money ... no, wait, I don't have a link for that (but you can send me a suitcase full of cash and I'll forward it to him; I'm sure he can use the luggage).

Stay tuned...

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Wow you're really good at this marketing stuff.

Suitcase forthcoming via FedEx.
Blogger Angie Poole, at 4:07 AM  

Get snarky