<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

What'd I Miss?

While the whole Wake up with the King marketing campaign is more than a little disturbing, the French Toast breakfast sandwiches Burger King was serving recently looked appetizing.

Unfortunately, now that I'm eating meat again, the limited-time-only window has closed.

Anybody try one? Got 'em stockpiled in your freezer? Or did you do a spit take and gladly go back to the Enormous Omelet Sandwich?

I think I'll give the Arby's Roast Beef Gyro a try before that goes away, too.

[Update: I had to run into town for a noontime Sunday School planning meeting. Didn't get away 'til after 2:15, so I stopped at Arby's and had a couple gyros. Not as good as Nico's Souvlaki Acropolis (the pita was more of a soft flatbread, like a gordita shell, the meat was close to right but, lacking lamb, not perfect); still they were quite tasty. One would've been plenty for lunch, but coming in at luppertime i got both meals taken care of at once.]

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Yeah, those Burger King commercials are very, very weird. Don't know about the french toast thingys.

I've seen the Arby's gyro on the menu board, but haven't tried it yet. I have a serious addiction to their potato bites things (with all the cheese and stuff in them). Amazing. And probably ridiculously bad for me (which is probably why I like them so much).

There's a place in Aggieville (college shopping area near campus) called Pita Pit that delivers. And I can get a gyro from there when I have the urge. It's pretty good. Good thing I've already had my lunch -- I'd be making myself hungry. :)
Blogger lindaruth, at 2:47 PM  

Get snarky