<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, May 15, 2006

That Was Fast

Well--on this side of it--the 21 days just flew by. Two and a half weeks ago I was questioning my commitment to give up coffee (trade off: an excuse for afternoon napping), but I made it through and saved $15-$20 by not stopping at the drive-by espresso kiosks. And, other than reminding myself not to pick at Phil's leftovers, things never got really bad. Even without meat and caffeine (stronger than unsweetened iced tea) and fizzy drinks and candy and non-wholegrain bread there was plenty to eat (though salads without bacon bits aren't quite the same as with).

But the discipline was good. And the prayer. And the Bible reading. Even the eating of more veggies wasn't too bad (though I don't see me whapping myself upside the head and regretting my non-V8 beverage choice any time soon). My waistbands are marginally looser, so I got no complaints there, either.

Still, before leaving town yesterday I took Dina (and Phil) to a Mongolian BBQ for Mother's Day lunch (heavy on the beef/pork/chicken for me, less so on the noodles and veggies) and I grabbed a Starbucks DoubleShot and a box of Twinkies from a grocery store to enjoy on the drive home. (Well, the DoubleShot was gone before I left the parking lot and I only scarfed a couple Twinkies 'cause I like marginally-looser pants.) Ya gotta celebrate the breaking of the fast as much as the fast itself, after all.

Mikesell

2 Snarky Remarks:

Congrats, man.

And save me one of those Twinkies...they last forever.

If I gave up coffe for more than a few hours I'd be reduced to a slobbering fur ball with a Barry Bonds-sized headache.
Blogger michael snyder, at 12:25 AM  
I was surprised that I never went into caffeine or protein withdrawal. Usually I can't go more than a few hours without Pepsi or java or mass quantities of charred animal flesh.

So even more glory to God for that.
Blogger Mikesell, at 1:37 AM  

Get snarky