<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Random Sampling

I first saw this suggested at Matt Bronleewe's blog via Infuze Magazine a while back, and I played along using the stuff built up on my computer-based iTunes library.

If you didn't click the blog link above, here's the deal: set your iPod on random ("shuffle" in Applespeak) and write down the first ten songs that cycle through. No fair editing out embarrassing tracks.

Here's what comes up on my iPod:
  1. Puttin' on the Ritz: Taco/After Eight

  2. Futt Futt Futt: Tonio K/Amerika

  3. Hymn to the Last Generation: Larry Norman/In Another Land

  4. Angel of Harlem: U2/Best of 1980-1990

  5. Never Leave You: Daniel Amos/Horrendous Disc

  6. Charade (Main Title): Henry Mancini/Charade Soundtrack

  7. Underwater March: Klaus Bedelt/Pirates of the Caribbean Soundtrack

  8. Dig My Heels: The 77s/Direct

  9. A Different Kind of Light: The 77s/Ping Pong Over the Abyss

  10. Fat Man & Dancing Girl: Suzanne Vega/99.9 F°
That's a pretty accurate sampling of what's on my iPod: 80's music and movie soundtracks.

What pops up on your iPod (or non-Apple-branded mp3 player or computer-based jukebox or actual Gee-Dad-It's-a-Wurlitzer jukebox)? No fair selectively editing; if I can admit to having Taco on my iPod you can face up to the fact you have Tiny Tim's "Tiptoe through the Tulips" on yours.

Mikesell

3 Snarky Remarks:

Thanks for getting the comments back up. I did the random thing here:
http://lindaruthspot.blogspot.com/2006/05/random-sample.html

(i have no idea how to show links in comments. sorry.)
Blogger lindaruth, at 4:47 PM  
here's my 10 - sorry, i don't know album titles as i only have an ipod mini and i didn't open my itunes for the albums:
1 - 'Opae E - Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (aka IZ)
2 - Worst Days - Havalina
3 - Lonely - Akon
4 - Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Danny Elfman
5 - I so hate Consequences - Reliant K
6 - 4th of July - U2
7- Bob Dylan's 115th Dream - Bob Dylan
8 - Define - Telecast
9 - Everlasting Love - U2
10 - Reach out I'll be There - Michael McDonald

JM :o)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  
Good gravy, it has taken me this long to figure out shuffle! Do I really deserve to even have an iPod?

Here is my list:

1. The Carnival of Venice; Joshua Bell, Nigel Hess, & Royal Philharmonic Orchestra/Ladies in Lavender

2. While You Were Sleeping/Casting Crowns/Lifesong

3. The Face Of Christ/Chris Rice/ Smell the Color 9

4. That's Just What You Are/Aimee Mann/Break Up Songs

5. A Quiet Interlude/David Crowder* Band/A Collision

6. Party Train/The Gap Band/The Best of the Gap Band (**I can NOT escape this song!!!!)

7. Getaway Car (Jazzadelic Freemix) tobyMac/Renovating Diverse City

8. Away in a Manger/CeCe Winans/Wow Christmas Disc 1

9. Track 06/Joyce Meyer/Grace Grace and More Grace

10. Somebody's Watchin/Chris Rice/Smell The Color 9

That's the random 10 of 352...
Blogger Angie Poole, at 4:03 AM  

Get snarky