<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Friday, January 13, 2006

iPod Watch - Day Three: The Overshoot

In their eager glee to provide me with my iPod and iPod-related accessory, FedEx and UPS overshot their target (my house) today. The iPod went from Anchorage to Indianapolis. The USB charger has made its way to Portland, Ore., 3+ hours north-northeast of here.

While you're waiting for me to enthuse over the iPod, let me enthuse over the way Apple has set up their "Track Your Order" page. Each item in the order summary has its own tracking button. The one coming by FedEx sends you to a FedEx page, the one coming via UPS sends you to UPS. At some sites you have to manually enter the URL for the shipper into your browser's location window, so Apple doing the link is a plus. And as great as that is, they transmit your tracking number along with the web address to the tracking site so you don't have to cut and paste that in after you've located the "Track Packages" portion of the delivery service site.

Sweet!

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky