<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Oddments

1. Phil missed a day of school on Monday because, while the rest of the world was celebrating the federal holiday, our local school decided to hold classes. (If we had read the Christmas vacation note Phil's teacher sent home, we'd have known this...) Consequently Phil came home on Tuesday with a day's worth of worksheets to fill in. One of the worksheets involves old-school cutting and pasting (ctrl-c and ctrl-v don't work), so I got out the big bottle of Elmers. I twisted the orange nozzle and the top of the cap broke away (me so strong).

Great, now I've got an almost full quart of glue and no way to close the top. I unscrewed the cap and tried various things lying around. Pepsi bottle twist-off, too big. Advil pop-top, doesn't screw on. I finally went to the cupboard of expired medicines (you know you have one, too) and found a bottle of Robitussin DM infant drops that expired in 2003. Voila! Problem solved. You have to dip glue out with your finger, but that means you can let the glue dry and peel off fake skin to gross people out with.

2. A while back I bought the Namco TV Games arcade unit. A few months back I discovered that the jacks that plug into the TV had been stripped off the wires, rendering it useless. When I was in Walmart the other day they had the second version with the games from the first set on plug-inable game keys. I haven't played all the games yet, but what I've seen so far I like. Best parts: Bosconian now has 8-way control and voice synthesis, plus the high scores are saved. The game unit itself is awkward to hold, but it's always something.

3. Shut up! (and that's putting it mildly.)
[10/5 8:50p - updated link via drudge]

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Hey, Chris. I've been incognito down in the swamps of South Georgia for about two weeks. Hope you're not knee deep in Elmers.
Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 PM  

Get snarky