<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Monday, January 02, 2006

Read, Write & Win

Gina Holmes, author of the Novel Journey blog, has Part One of a two-part interview with Chris Well, author of Forgiving Solomon Long (and a couple blogs, too). After reading the interview, post a comment. You'll be entered into a drawing for an autographed copy of FSL (I'm guessing it'll be the author's autograph, but how cool would it be to open the book and find, I don't know, Morgan Freeman's autograph instead? or an ex libris bookplate with Bono written in Sharpie?) as well as a preview of Chris's next novel, Deliver Us from Evelyn.

The question I most wanted to ask Chris was "Gina says you and your wife are making your home in Nashville. Are you wiring it all 220?" I'm pretty sure he'd have responded with "Yeah. 220 ... 221, whatever it takes," but the level of uncertainty (40%) pushed it beyond the acceptable "looking like a dork" risk tolerance. (Then there was the +4 "he'll intentionally leave you hanging" modifier -- I've got a spreadsheet/flowchart printout around here somewhere....)

So check out the interview and comments, then post a comment/question of your own. Even if you don't win the book, it's a very good interview. Enjoy!

Mikesell

1 Snarky Remarks:

Thanks for the plug. Hah on the Morgan Freeman signature. My crit partner and I joked that we would do that at our book signing, sign other people's names. Which of course, we wouldn't, but having someone go home and open their newly autographed book and read "All the best, Morgan Freeman" would be funny.

Except they would read it in the store and then get mad and demand I buy them a new copy, which in turn they would hit me upside the head with. Which also would be funny...painfully.
Blogger Unknown, at 1:24 PM  

Get snarky