<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Remedial Humor Courses for the Boy

Among the many fabulous presents Phil received for Christmas was a gift card for Target from my folks. After church today he used the card to get (along with the second Star Wars: Clone Wars DVD) the Matchbox Buried Treasure Playset. It's a pretty fun toy and includes a few piratey phrases like "X marks the spot" and "hands off me gold."

As we were playing with it this evening I commented that it would be funnier if, instead of "gold," it said "hands off me booty!" Now while Phil doesn't know the term double entendre, he is aware of the dual meanings of the word "booty" and that a pirate would appreciate it if you left both his treasure and his heinie alone. Nevertheless, he tries to top me by saying it would be even funnier if the talking skull in the playset said "hands off me nose."

I'm reluctant to send the boy to clown college (it's a carney thing), but if it's the only way for him to grasp the fundamentals of humor, my hand may be forced. (His knock-knock jokes are truly painful; I'd transcribe one but they make my brain hurt.)

Then again, he occasionally gets off a good one involving the word "poop" or "toilet," so maybe maybe he possesses some latent Adam Sandler/David Spade potential. His mother will be so proud.

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky