<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Darn You Apple Price-Setters

Yesterday at my blowout birthday bash (your invitation must've been lost in the mail, sorry) Dina said she wanted to get me an iPod Shuffle but wasn't sure which model I'd want (512MB or 1GB) or if I'd be disappointed I didn't get one with a screen.

And there's the problem. While I'd be happy with the $99 512MB Shuffle, I'd be happier with the 1GB version for $30 more. Of course, with a couple Best Buy gift certificates and some birthday-card cash I could swing the $199 2GB Nano. Though for $50 more (and what's fifty bucks, really?) I could double the memory and get the 4GB Nano.

Now, however, the ground starts turning to soup because for another $50 I could get almost eight times the memory and video playback with the 30GB iPod. Eight times the memory -- heck, round it up to ten times the memory! -- for a measly fifty bucks. (Doubling the memory yet again to 60GB for another $100 is less appealing.)

From $100 to $300 in less time than it takes to say "thou shalt not covet..." Is it any wonder Apple's stock is doing so well?

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky