<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

iPod Qs

Here's what I want to know:
  1. How do you get Audiobooks to not show up under the Music category?

  2. If you've added music to the iPod without Album Art, how do you add it later?

  3. Who put the bop in the bop shoo bop shoo bop? Who put the dip in the dip da dip da dip?

  4. Does the Mac leave deleted files on the iPod hard drive that have to be "Empty Trash"-ed to free up the space?

  5. Is that you Mo Dean?
If you have answers to any of these questions (or a fun iPod tip/trick that I haven't even ruminated upon thinking about yet), leave a comment, make it snarky.

Mikesell

5 Snarky Remarks:

1. Haven't a clue about the audiobooks.

2. You can add album art to iTunes by finding album pictures and then dragging them into the art place. I'm assuming those things transfer to the iPod when you load it up. (I found a cool script called Find Album Art with Google that helps me find album art.)(

3. The Duke of Earl.

4. I believe the mac cleans up after itself when it comes to the iPod.

5. Maybe it's Mo Udall. (or is he dead?)
Blogger lindaruth, at 9:30 AM  
Also, have you tried Apple help? Or the iPod suppport site?
(You know, when all else fails, read the directions. :) )
Blogger lindaruth, at 9:31 AM  
Nope, sorry. It's a piece of crap and you wasted your money. So why not box it up, send it to me, and I'll get rid of it for you.

Sorry you wasted your time and money, man. But I'm here for you.

Mike S (because blogger won't recognize my account any more!)
Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 PM  
Linda: Yeah, I've tried adding directly to the iPod-ized files. No go.

I like UNEASYsilence for CDs I've ripped (not ripped off, RIAA drones) that are sold through iTunes. Right-click the album graphic in iTMS, choose "copy URL", and paste into UNEASYsilence, drag into iTunes. Works with multiple files (highlight desired files before dragging).

Got a URL for the Apple forums?

Mike: Keep it up and we won't recognize you around here, either.
Blogger Mikesell, at 4:21 PM  
Here's where I'd go for online support:
http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

I think they have links to forums there, too.

Have fun.
Blogger lindaruth, at 8:14 AM  

Get snarky