<$BlogRSDUrl$>

So Much Stuff I Can't Recall

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Whattabargains

I stopped at a St. Vincent de Paul the other day and picked up some good values. F'rinstance, for one dollar I got the Outlaws Strategy Guide for a buck (Outlaws doesn't work perfectly in Windows XP, but I might give it a shot (pun slightly intended), working through all the things I missed way back when I played it on my Win98 system -- this might even get me to figure out how to dual boot the computer). Godric by Frederick Buechner, was also one dollar. A couple years ago I played through the Opposing Force and Blue Shift campaigns from the Half Life series. I picked up the original Half Life (Game of the Year Edition) game for four bucks (I think the carpal tunnel surgery is gonna run up the HL expense, though).

Then, today after church, Phil and I stopped by WalMart for a few items (we did actually have a list). HotWheels were not on the list, but out of habit we stopped by the toy section (in our defense we were looking for a piggy bank). They must've just dumped a couple cases of cars in an 88-cent bin because I found some beauts I'd despaired of ever finding. Poison Arrow, for one. The Dodge Tomahawk, for another. We found three of each (so they may be more common than I thought): one each for Phil and I, and one for Grandpa if he behaves. We also picked up a Shredster apiece and a Prototipo Alfa Romeao B.A.T. 9. We even remembered to pick up dog food, Pepsi, and soup.

Any sweet deals for you lately? Make me jealous with a snarky remark.

* * *

iPod Watch update: Both FedEx and UPS still have my deliveries up in Portland, but both estimate arrival will be tomorrow. I've already scheduled myself off work Tuesday and Wednesday, so I really oughtn't call in sick tomorrow. <cough cough phlegm> nah, not very convincing....

Mikesell

0 Snarky Remarks:

Get snarky